6 Reasons to Run Track Workouts:Sunday, May 4, 2014
- It will improve your cardiovascular system and ability to process lactic acid if you run at your Anaerobic Threshold.
- It improves your running ability while building teamwork and friendships.
- It’s a controlled environment to record consistent splits to use as a benchmark.
- The flat surface helps you maintain a high leg turnover around or above 90 steps per minute which is the most efficient.
- The turf of a track provides a little spring to your step and traction helping you hit fast paces while feeling easier.
- It’s motivating, because you can see the other runners in front or behind you and where the finish line is on each interval keeping you focused!